Sun Cup Swirl Brownies
Long-time Sun Cupper and peanut-free all-star, Rebecca of Pure & Peanut Free crafted a recipe for delicious peanut and nut-free Sun Cups Swirl Brownies that we are so excited to share with all of you! Dense in rich chocolate, a creamy Sunbutter swirl, and bits of chewy Sun Cups folded in – this is a decadent treat that is perfect for the holidays.
For the Brownies:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup nut-free Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose
- 4 Sun Cups (dark or milk chocolate) chopped, divided
For the Sunbutter Swirl:
- 1/4 cup sunbutter
- 1 1/2 tsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325 F (165 C).
- Butter an 8 by 8 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper (leave a bit over-hanging so the brownies can be easily removed from the pan). Butter and lightly flour the parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan heat the butter over med-low heat until just melted. Whisk in the cocoa powder and the coffee. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar. Whisk in the vanilla and salt. Slowly whisk in the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the flour and stir until combined. Fold in half of the chopped Sun Cups. Spread the batter evenly into the pan.
- In a small bowl mix the sunbutter, flour and sugar until smooth. Drop dollops of the sunbutter mixture randomly over the batter. With a butter knife gently swirl the sunbutter into the chocolate using up and down and back and forth motions.
- Bake for 34 – 36 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick, and cool completely.
- When ready to serve, cut into squares and sprinkle the remaining chopped Sun Cups over top.
Leave a Reply